Founded in 1900, Christ School is an all-boys college preparatory boarding school for 300 students in grades 8 through 12. The school is affiliated with the Episcopal Church and sits on 500 scenic acres, nine miles south of Asheville, North Carolina. The school’s mission is to “produce educated men of good character, prepared for both scholastic achievement in college and productive citizenship in adult society.” We do this through programming and relationships built around our Four Pillars: Leadership, Academic Rigor, Spirituality, and the Dignity of Manual Labor. Students come from 18 states and six foreign countries to attend Christ School. All world faiths are represented and welcome in our community.
The teachers, coaches, and advisors of Christ School find purpose and meaning in our work with the young Greenies in our care. The thread that runs through every responsibility and opportunity we encounter is an abiding belief in the power of strong relationships to shape and sustain healthy, successful young men.
For more information about our programs, faculty, and history, explore this website or our social media platforms: whhx1688.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Benefits Available to Christ School Employees
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- TIAA 10% match (optional at this level)
- Generous professional development and continuing education support
- Dining for faculty member and family (10 months)
- Access to gym facilities, tennis courts, and track; unlimited access to 10 miles of scenic campus trails
- YMCA membership (school covers half for employee and family)
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health counseling for employee)
- Housing, based on availability
Christ School is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other legally protected status.
Transparency in Coverage (Healthcare)
Through UnitedHealthcare, UMR and HealthSCOPE Benefits creates and publishes Machine-Readable Files on behalf of Christ School. Employees can view transparency-in-coverage.uhc.com by clicking on the link.